Re: [OM] Card readers.

Subject: Re: [OM] Card readers.
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:26:59 +0200
On Thu, 28 May 2009 22:32:50 -0700, Moose wrote:

>When downloading 4GB, speed is nice, and the older readers I have had
>aren't fast. I do have separate SDHC and xD readers, but having it all
>in one, small reader is very convenient.

When you have enough free drive letters left in Windoze, that is. With
many partitions, CD-drves (including several virtual ones), cameras
and other disc-like devices you can easily exceed the 26 (or sometimes
32) maximum. The all in ones take as many drive letters as there are
slots...

I am now using USBDLM to assign letters only when cards are present in
the slots. And you can make it remember each of your devices and
always give it the same drive letter. Wonderful little piece of
software - and free!

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL