Re: [OM] 4/3 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 questions
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:09:33 +0200
Hi Sandy,

I only imagine that Olympus' offering will be a "better" camera than
the Panasonic G1,
and the G1 viewfinder is absolutely phenomenal for focusing a fast,
manual-focus lens
in any type of light, much much more accurate than most optical SLR
finders.

Even with slow lenses, where the viewfinder image brightness is
amplified electronically
(at the expense of a "snowy"/noisy picture), focusing is very
accurate. So you should
have no worries there.

You biggest worry should be whether the chosen fast lens has enough
resolution wide
open to satisfy the demands of a high-resolution M4/3 sensor using
only the centre of
the lens. Not many fast 50's are sharp enough.