Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/05/2009: boring lens tests ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/05/2009: boring lens tests ;-)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 00:34:45 +1000
More than skin texture - there's angles, shapes and the definition of
muscles and tissues under the skin.
There are some exquisite curves and shapes in the body although most
models have some challenges - such as a thin torso but with large
butt and thighs - you need to compensate.
Also there is overall body shape and various level of distortion from
lenses - I have a decent sized room but you can't really get far
enough back to use a longer lens for full body.
There's no benefit in even lighting and fairly extreme lighting is
often called for to pick up detail.
I've been going into a session with cheat sheets but you have to be
flexible (and so, ideally, does the model!).
What works for one does not for another. It requires time, tact,
professional distance, honesty and sometimes pure luck.
A steep but enjoyable learning curve and I've met some very
interesting people.
I'll be doing some males I hope when I get back from my trip - that
adds an extra level of discipline.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx