Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/05/2009: boring lens tests ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/05/2009: boring lens tests ;-)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:04:03 +0200
Hi Andrew, Wiliam and all,

> Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Nice studio work from you. I can see the looks of Stacey have even
> > improved (well to my taste) since your shoot last year. A real beauty
> > indeed. Looking at most of the other photos I think nude is not always
> > needed, I like the dressed ones even better.

Not much into nude but I believe it could be quite difficult: you can't "win
by points" playing with the textures, colours etc of the clothes, you have
to "win by KO" -- there's only skin, and you have to "dress" it with light
and shadows!

> Some photos show that it's
> > not always warm in your studio either since sometimes the girls have
> > goosebumps (sp?).

I believe goosebumps is what we in Spain call "carne de gallina" (chicken
flesh), as seen on:

<http://cjss.sytes.net/atachaos/bleeding.jpeg>
EOS-300D + Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 (nice, tiny, sharp lens!)

Yes, it's Audrey again ;-) This was taken on February... this is a sunny
place, but still cold enough that month -- al least for wearing a bikini.
BTW: the original purpose of this pic was to show the "bleeding" effect of
the image sensor, as shown on the earring enlargement.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)