Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"

Subject: Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 22:24:09 -0300
I'll think it twice, then. I'm not a dogmatic person.

Just today, while scanning the Ektachromes I had done at the
Sainte-Chapelle, Palais de Justice, ile de la Cité, - Paris; I found one
that certainly improved when I cropped it. It's the third one of these
three.
Of course I wish I had a wider Zuiko at the moment, but when I was 31 I
could only afford the 28mm ƒ/2,8 - and it was impossible to get the
second one with a wider perspective (I was at the opposite corner, at
ground level and against the wall, IIRC), so as to correct its
perspective today using photoshop and cropping it a little bit.

1- <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3558037671/>
-- link to 1280, link to view on black

2- <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3558035619/>
-- same links, wish I could correct perspective without cropping.

3- <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3558839092/>
-- same links, improved by cropping a large black area at its right.

Hope you like them.

:-)

Fernando.

--
Dr. Fernando González Gentile M.D.
Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.