Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"

Subject: Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:38:18 -0700
I always thought a "normal" lens could be determined by zooming in and
out while looking through the viewfinder with both eyes open. When both
images align look at the zoom setting. It usually is somewhat above 50mm
which explains the older normal lenses in this range. However in actual
real world use peripheral vision must be taken into consideration. For
me a "normal" view is best captured by a 35mm lens. YMMV of course.

Mike