[OM] OT - anti virus & utility programs

Subject: [OM] OT - anti virus & utility programs
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:19:48 -0300
Is there any opinion on the pros and cons of Norton 360? I have an
infrequently used laptop with Norton 360 on board and the subscription is
due for renewal in a few days. I have not experienced any particular
problems with N360 but I have been told that it is a bit of a memory hog.

My often used desk top has Norton anti-virus and Norton System Works on
board and they are both due for renewal in 2 days time.

I have had heard supposedly knowledgeable folk opine that both ESET Nod32
and Kaspersky are preferable to the Norton brand. One criticism of Norton
I've heard is that it buries itself so deep within one's computer that it is
virtually impossible to remove completely.

What might be the opinions of any list members who have strong opinions to
give ?

jh