Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:11:29 -0700
> From: Moose <bylzbbfr@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> No, silly!
>>
>> Everyone KNOWS that digital circuits use square waves, and analogue
>> circuits use sine waves. THAT's why you need to have smooth bends
>> in analogue cables, so the sine waves don't get crimps in them!
>>

> Oh dear, I guess I wired this analog computer incorrectly.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Home/Analog/pages/680800_24.htm

Looks like an early example of hybrid, mixed-signal design. The
digital bits are clearly toward the middle, while the analogue parts
are above and below.

Note the "twisted pair" toward the bottom. That's how you REALLY keep
sine wave sane!

:::: Remember, it isn't paranoia if they're REALLY out to get 'cha. --
Frank Zappa ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::