Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:16:30 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> My wife, by the way, sounds a lot like yours. She feigns interest up to a
> point, but then I can see the glazing
> start in the eyes and I know it's time to change the subject. Now, I'm lucky
> if I get a couple of sentences into an exposition before the aforementioned
> glazing begins. <g>

I've learned to almost always remember to ask "Do you really want to
know?" The rate of "yes" responses is really low.   :-)   Sometimes I
then have to resort to playing out the explanation out in my head, once
it's primed.

My learning started many years ago. My best friend's sister and her
boyfriend were over for dinner. She made the mistake of asking something
like what the difference is between an SLR and TLR. I made the mistake
of taking her question literally. She later reported to her brother that
I was the most boring person she'd ever known.

I'm grateful she ratted on me and he ratted on her ...

A. Boring Moose (Still working on the difference between conversation
and lecture.)