Re: [OM] A brief report on Alien Bees radio slaves

Subject: Re: [OM] A brief report on Alien Bees radio slaves
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:57:33 -0400
I purchased the battery powered receivers since I use radio slaves with
portable flash units as well as the Bees as shown here
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Umbrella%20adapter%20mounted%20on%20tripod%20%232.jpg>
When that photo was taken I was using cords.  The shoes have since been
changed to favor Paramount hot shoe to miniphone connectors which will
plug directly into Pocket Wizards or the Alien Bee CSRs.
<http://www.paramountcords.com/products.asp?cat=70>
I also use my Bees outside with a homebrew power unit
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Powerpack%20for%20Bees.jpg>
It consists of a full sine wave rectifier, a small 12 volt lead acid
battery and a 12 volt trickle charger meant for permanent installation
on trucks.  All installed in a small back pack.

Chuck Norcutt