Re: [OM] [OT] Advice re using non-Microsoft op sys.

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Advice re using non-Microsoft op sys.
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 10:44:01 -0700
Ubuntu is easier to install than Windose. It would be a good choice for
an older system as it has a lower overhead. As was mentioned it comes
packaged with everything most people use.

First though I would try to clean up your old XP install. Use the XP
disk clean up tools and/or run Spybot. Then I would start with a non
aggressive registry cleaner like CrapCleaner. Then move up to something
like EasyCleaner or Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. Finally try JV16 Power
tools 30 day free trial. Be sure to back up at every step, especially
the registry .

Mike