Re: [OM] Point Lobos [was Edward Weston - NY Times feature]

Subject: Re: [OM] Point Lobos [was Edward Weston - NY Times feature]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 02:08:32 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:

> I'm rather partial to 283 343, 394

Thanks! I didn't get quite what I was looking for in 283, so it's nice
that someone without an agenda enjoys it. With 344, again, I was
berating myself for not getting them closer in.

Aaaaah, 394. I LOVE complex reflections of light and color on moving
water. That series of four is a favorite part of the gallery for me. I
remember almost jumping up and down with excitement when we walked
around he headland and that light and water came into view. If I had to
pick a favorite of the four, it would be 394.

>  and 984.  984 I really like, but would love to have it all in focus
> front-to-back.

Hmmm.... Those last 11 images are from the F10. What I can't figure out
is how they got to that size for the gallery. My usual work flow tracks
aren't there and the color balance on 394 is obviously wonky. The rocks
weren't purple.

And you are right, it's pretty fuzzy. Shot at f7.1, 14 mm on a 2/3"
sensor camera, it should have considerable DOF. Dr. D&D probably knows
how much - and also that resolution is probably diffraction limited @ f7.1

So I've posted a new version to the gallery. Not exactly tack sharp, but
pretty much equal sharpness throughout. The overall slight lack of
definition is probably partly diffraction limiting and partly the
difficulty of rendering complex foliage at that size.
<cid:part1.02070206.00060609@gmail.com>

I suppose now I have to check all those F10 images - sigh ...
> Thanks for sharing

Mon plaisir.

Moose