Re: [OM] Trip to the US?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to the US?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:40:23 -0400
Statistically, not very good.  The murder rate (and the overall violent
crime rate in the US} has actually been on the decline for a long time.
  In 1991 the murder rate was 9.8 per 100,000 population.  In 2005 it
was 5.6 which is not much different from the 5.1 of 1960.  But there are
very significant regional differences in crime rates.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States>

You're much more likely to be shot in the US than elsewhere.  But if
you're a Canadian or a Brit you're much more likely to be mugged,
burglarized or have your car stolen than in the US.

Chuck Norcutt