Re: [OM] IMG: A walk in Zurich

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A walk in Zurich
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:32:17 +0200
Thanks for looking and commenting, Joel. The graffiti is in English,
since it was most likely written by some anti-globalization types who
had come to Switzerland to protest at the WEF in Davos, as they do
every year. Since the security forces keep them away from Davos, they
tend to stage protests in Swiss cities like Zurich or Geneva.

And yes, being compared to Tom is flattering indeed!

Cheers,
Nathan

On 03/04/2009, at 14:02, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Nathan Wajsman
> <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I lived in Zurich from 2000 to 2003, but had not been back there
>> for a
>> couple of years--until earlier this week, when a business trip to
>> Geneva coupled with a free half-day allowed me the opportunity to hop
>> on the train and spend a nice afternoon in Zurich:
>>
>> http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/7792628_XxKMo#504391899_x6e4B
>
> It's nice to see a few ladies, not for the usual reasons, but because
> Switzerland gives off the impression of being full only of very
> careful and secretive men. ;^)
>
> Why is the graffiti in English?  It's obvious it was written by a
> native German speaker because the letters all fit correctly in the
> space available. ;^)
>
> The recycling photo makes me think of Tom Fenwick, which I hope you
> will take as a compliment (to both of you actually).
>
> Joel W.
> --

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain