Re: [OM] Grim out there...

Subject: Re: [OM] Grim out there...
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 03:50:40 -0700
> From: Donald <q1956z198q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> While out doing a bit of necessary shopping, I popped into PC World to
> have a quick look at printers...
>
> The place didn't exactly have tumbleweed blowing down the aisles, but
> there must have been twenty staff in there, and me.

Great time to buy a printer.

I just got a Minolta 37ppm Postscript colour laser, with free optional
duplexer and optional 500-page drawer for under $600, shipped. The
retail price for this package is $1,500!

The one it's replacing cost me $4,000 eight years ago.

But this one may be $300 in a few months. That's the pain of
deflation. Hope y'all are sittin' on a pile of cash, rather than
watching your IRA slip below 50% of what it was worth a short time ago.

But the way Timmy has been printing money, double-digit stagflation is
going to come roaring back as soon as we get drunk on this relatively
cheap oil again. So don't hold your cash too long.

:::: Schist! I was about to take it for granite! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.Bytesmiths.com ::::