Re: [OM] back to basics

Subject: Re: [OM] back to basics
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:44:17 -0700
On Mar 23, 2009, at 5:46 AM, Doug wrote:

> On Monday, March 23, 2009 02:55, siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> a few shots, OM1n black (my first camera purchase, spring 1999),
>> pretty sure on 28/3.5 (maybe one of them is on the 50/1.8 MIJ, both
>> also part of the package that the OM1n came with). Fuji Superia 400,
>> scanned to disc on Fuji Frontier.
>>
>> http://iddibhai.blogspot.com/2009/03/city.html
>
> I like them all. For me the third one is clearly the winner. In
> number two I
> find my eyes being drawn between the young lady in the lower left
> corner and
> the islands of flowers in the upper left. I can't decide if this is
> an asset
> or a liability. Since it keeps me looking at the photo and thinking
> about it,
> having two subject is likely an asset
> -Doug

I did find the flowers a bit of a distraction, but the glassy water I
wanted to keep. Plus I wanted to take the shot w/o making her self
conscious, or aware that I was taking the photo. It's a spot I want to
explore again. It's a place I can see myself just sitting with a book,
or writing a short story, or just sit and think. It was beautiful.