[OM] Black OM-4T fraud

Subject: [OM] Black OM-4T fraud
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:56:02 -0400
Today I got an OM-4T for estimating from a regular customer. He was
excited about getting it but it had a few problems. I quickly discovered
it was a plain 4 with 4T top and bottom. (Round red dot on battery check
LED, shorter asa comp ring that allows asa to shift when using
compensation) and of course old style circuit board, high drain.

I'm trying to find out from the owner who the sc*mb*g is that sold it to
him.  I'll pass on any info I can get.
Whoever did this went to a lot of trouble, even swapping over the flex
circuit inside the top cover.  4T/Ti top has flex that clamps to the
body connection.  Since it is old circuit, 4T top flex would have
nothing to clamp to. He put OM-4 top flex inside 4T top so he'd have
wires to solder to the body connections.