Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:37:51 -0500

> Oops! Who knew I'd have use for my "I agree with Jan" T-shirt?

I just took mine off, but as usual, that's only temporary.

Nowadays, there are a whole lot of folks in our armed forces serving in
> ways they had never anticipated. There's a whole lot of intimidation
> keeping many of them in line. Some are resorting to suicide, rather than
> dealing with the possible consequences of leaving alive, but before
> allowed. I admire the woman with small children and no husband who
> called them on their scare tactics.

The suicide rate among the military is STILL below the national average.
Although it is up, I consider this a red herring.

> If I hadn't found the relative haven of the Coast Guard (Which wasn't a
> drug and immigration enforcement force then.), I might have ended up
> living where you do, as did some guys I knew.

I almost joined the Coast Guard. I know I could have made a career out of it
too.  Alas, I took a different path--one which somehow probably paralleled
what that career might have looked like.  However, I would have had 25 years
in this summer.  Man, I'm getting old...

AG