Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:14:45 +0000
Boris

Thanks, but I've spent my life questioning gizmos.  I learned quite a
few years ago that you need more than one bit of evidence to stake
your life on something :-)

The first aircraft I flew had a particularly unreliable IN platform
(Jaguar) and you had to have a good idea where you were to use it
effectively.  And it would sometimes crash, leaving you with no
electric map or HUD.  In addition, you could easily bugger up the
whole system by inputting a duff position.  And it wasn't only the
azimuth that could be wrong; the height channel, essential for
accurate bombing had to be used with caution.

Chris