Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives

Subject: Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:55:36 -0400
I agree on avoiding RAID... at least for we home users.  RAID only
protects you against hardware failure.  Fine for a shop with 1,000
drives running.  But for you and me the most likely failure is software
or user error (including use of the RAID array) and RAID won't protect
us there.  Our hard drives will eventually fail but, at least for me,
I'm upgrading the drives in less time than the MTBF.  Maintain a
reasonable backup policy which will offer you better overall protection
at less cost.

Chuck Norcutt