Re: [OM] Vivitar 2x-teleconverter for Hasselblad: RESULTS

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 2x-teleconverter for Hasselblad: RESULTS
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:26:51 -0400
I scan these 6x6 negs at 4000 dpi all the time, and yeah they look grainy at
100% even with films like Acros that have fine grain. In prints, however,
the grain isn't visible. I usually don't print huge, 11x11 if I print the
whole square, or around 11x14 if I crop to a rectangle (equal to 14x14
square). I've done a few 16x20s and they looked incredible too, beating any
digital camera I have tried (I'm sure the 50mp medium format systems beat my
results; the 22mp ones based on 35mm slrs might equal it, but are out of
reach financially for me as well).

That wurlitzer building is cool! I like that shot. I actually found out that
GE has a sign similar to the one in Ft. Wayne (but larger) on one of their
buildings in Schenectady! Looks just like the one here though.

I will have to rescan my shot at 1000dpi and see how it looks, I already put
the neg away and went on to scanning some other shots.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography