Re: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: Re: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:05:47 -0500

> Sheesh!  Get a flash meter and use an OM-G in manual mode.  Just a
> fraction of the cost of a 3Ti and perfect flash exposure including the
> ambient with no chimping required.  :-)

LOL, I've been doing just that with the Vivitar 285HV on the E-1 for the
past several years.  I do like automation when it works, though.

A friend of mine has  an E-3 with both the FL50R as well as the Metz.  I've
been very amazed at how well that setup works.  The flash exposures,
specifically with the Metz, are not only dead-on, but look very natural.  If
I was feeling risky, I'd spend the $500 for the Metz and the $1700 for the
E-3.

But, nah, the Olympus Living History Farm is alive and well with killer
legacy equipment.  Funny thing--that 3Ti/MD2/T45/35-80 kit is still less
expensive than a 5Dmk2 with dedicated flash and comparable zoom.  So, I
guess cost is relative.

The "I agree with Dr. Flash" bumper stickers have arrived, though.  There is
no substitute for a flash-meter and manual settings when you MUST get it
correct with no chimping.

OTF-Schnozz