[OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:10:33 -0500
Tonight I have a school concert to photograph and I'm going to be taking the
"Golden Child Kit" out for the first time. Said kit consists of the:

1. OM-3Ti
2. MD2
3. 35-80/2.8 zoom
4. T45 Flash

I did extensive testing of this kit, not necessarily to see if it knew how
to operate, but to see if I knew how to operate it.  This is, by far, the
slickest auto-flash setup for the OM system and I had to do a bunch of
experimentation to learn how to use it. The OM-3Ti has a certain feature
that I'm not aware of with any other OM body--the ability to
exposure-compensate the flash. As the camera is a manual camera, the
electronics can't screw up the aperture.  So, you nail down the shutter
speed and aperture and move the flash switch to TTL. Then you can adjust the
exposure compensation dial which has absolutely no affect on the
aperture/speed, but adjusts the TTL flash!!!!

My only grouse with this kit is that it is HEAVY.  I'm sure I could shed the
lens or the MD2 and get things under control, but if you are going to shoot
with an integrated monstrosity, don't cut corners.

I have two big event shoots next month which are going to be shot heavily on
film and tonight's test is a field trial of this new kit. I need to get the
bugs out of the system, but more importantly, the bugs out of my own
methodology.

AG