Re: [OM] OM16mm was - 14mm rectilinear Sigma for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] OM16mm was - 14mm rectilinear Sigma for OM
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:28:42 -0300
Cc: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sorry - I was referring to my own re-scans. In none of them, either
channel reached 255.

But I had rather contradictory advices regarding this, one of them ( the
reason of why I mentioned white point ) - is that trying to find the
'whitest possible white point' ( 255 @ each channel ) is almost
impossible. When I happen to find one close to this value in RGB, either
channel diverge from black point, and levels curve slightly ( or not
'slightly' ) change. Worst is gray point ...
I'm referring to Nikon Scan 4.0.2

Your advice is most welcome.

Fernando.