Re: [OM] Which zoom lens - 40-150 or 70-300?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which zoom lens - 40-150 or 70-300?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:53:09 -0600

> Why not get a 200 or 300 mm prime?

I'm ALMOST of the opinion that the DZ 70-300 is a "must have" lens.  The
minimum aperture is a bit slim for some of my work, but the lens is
extremely compact, lightweight and sharp enough and good enough to warrant
having.  I spent a few quality minutes with the lens and thought about how I
would use it.  The 50-200 is obviously a better quality lens, but the 70-300
just feels good.  I don't recall ever using a "consumer grade" super zoom
that I ever felt impressed with--this is the first for me.

AG