Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:46:53 -0600
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here in the upper Mid-South, we get a lot of threats of snow showers, but
> seldom see much of it. Today, on March 1st and anticipating Spring, we awoke
> to about three inches of white, wet stuff.
>
> Leitz Elmarit-R 28/2.8 on Oly E-510, ISO 200, 1/500 at f/8, shot RAW,
> processed in Elements 6.0.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mid-South+Snow.jpg.html
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.

That's the pretty wet stuff we get in Iowa in March and April.  The
most picturesque snows seem to come late.  We're dry for once, but
cold.  High of 29F yesterday and I rode 50 miles on my motorcycle.
Even with the electric clothes, it's somewhat unpleasant at highway
speeds.  Looks like it should be warmer than it is, and it's even
colder today than yesterday.

How do you like that lens with the 510?  Do you have one of the Zuiko
28s with which to compare it?

Enjoy the snow.  It won't last long!

Joel W.