Re: [OM] Ritz going under

Subject: Re: [OM] Ritz going under
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:45:10 -0400
Unfortunately, many folks don't know when they're getting bad service.
I ran into a woman the other day who spotted my Canon digital and
commented that she had wanted to get a Canon digital camera so that she
could use the zoom lens she already had from her old Canon film camera.
  But she went to the camera store here (probably Ritz as that's about
all that's left) and was told that her old Canon lens wouldn't work on a
newer Canon digital camera.  I asked her what model she had so she
fetched it from the house and it turned out to be an EOS 650 with a
70-210 zoom.  I told her that it most certainly would work and proved it
to her by using her lens on my camera to take a shot and then put my
Tamron 24-135 on her camera for her to take a shot.  She was astounded
and very unhappy with the shop which had sold her a Fuji super zoom P&S
type camera.

Chuck Norcutt