Re: [OM] IMG: Painting Question

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Painting Question
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:13:19 -0500
No it isn't common, it is actually very, very bad. If you want to save the
painting, you're going to have to get it separated from the broken glass
(the sharp glass could and will tear the canvas if it is bent). Since it is
glued (Rule #1 in art: NEVER, ever, ever, for any reason, EVER glue a
canvas, paper, or other base of a work of art to ANYTHING, ever), you're
probably going to have to fond an art conservator to remove it in an
archival fashion and remount the canvas on a wooden stretcher frame. Canvas
is mounted on a wood stretcher frame with nails or staples so that it can be
easily removed if needed.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography