Re: [OM] IMG: a walk around Brussels

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: a walk around Brussels
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:58:33 +0000
Thanks, Nathan.  As well as enjoying many of those images, they
provided a balanced view of the city of Brussels.  I have always found
the place to be rather pretentious and over-priced.  The cost of
visiting Belgium was bad last Summer, but it's even worse now for the
Brits with the ghastly exchange rate.  I visited Brussels during the
BFr days, pre-Euro, and felt that I was ripped off everywhere I went
(especially in the alleyway you showed in one of your photos); I bet
that it's beyond belief now.

And the sooner we get rid of the second European Parliament buildings
the better off we'll all be ...

Chris