Re: [OM] Sensor patterns (was E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1)

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor patterns (was E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:35:28 -0500
The technology is now called "TrueSense" and incorporates RGB plus a
clear pixel.  The TrueSense name can apply to CMOS or CCD but when used
with CMOS it also seems to imply a different CMOS technology which
detects holes rather than electrons for greater efficiency.  If you
search Kodak's site on TrueSense you'll get a lot of hits including a 6
micron 50 megapixel 48x36mm CCD chip announced July 2008
<http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=115911&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1141267&highlight=>
<http://www.kodak.com/global/en/business/ISS/News/pressReleases/archive/2008/pr6.jhtml>-

Chuck Norcutt