Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:00:18 -0500
It's not the limit of the lens that's in question, only the limit of the
lens at a particular aperture.  Small sensors with small pixels run up
against the limits of diffraction faster than large sensors with large
pixels.  Simple as that.  Diffraction is worse at small apertures.  If
you had a 16 MP 4/3 sensor you would not able to shoot at smaller
apertures than about f/5.6 in order to reach full resolution at the sensor.

Small sensors can perform but they take high quality lenses that perform
well at apertures larger than we are accustomed to in 35mm.

Chuck Norcutt