Re: [OM] MR trip to Antarctica

Subject: Re: [OM] MR trip to Antarctica
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:37:55 +0800
I'm not surprised, the 5D II built quality is even not as good as the 10D I
once owned, you can feel from the loose CF card door (it is not really loose
but when you grip it hard you can feel it is not that rigid). The lens mount
is also reported to be a bit loose when compare with the older one. It
clamied to be dust and water resistance but under the top LCD cover of my 5D
II there are already lots of dust collected while my E-1 was extremely
clean.

The 5D II's mechanical built does not match with its high quality image
feature, a really odd combination. So the high price we paid was mainly went
to the electronics.

C.H.Ling