Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results

Subject: Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 19:01:02 -0600
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Wayne Harridge
<wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Joel Wilcox <> wrote:
>>
>> sharpening, but I just let Jalbum crunch the images this time in
>> processing the web page.
>>

> I've noticed Jalbum tends to do that by default, seems particularly bad if
> the image is a bit noisy.
>
> ...Wayne

By default the amount of sharpening is a bit harrowing too.  In the
past I have tended to make Jalbum use the images as I originally sized
and sharpened them, and that was fine.  Next time I'll probably just

Of course, it's impossible to tell what people are looking at.  The
images look fine on my monitor at home, which is one of the last CRTs
I could find and on which color is really well-behaved, easily
profiled, and matches my print output nicely.  The LCD at work is
terribly difficult to manage color on and there are halos in a number
of places.  I know which monitor I'd like to believe, but I don't know
which one is really right!

Joel W.