[OM] Bracketing for snow

Subject: [OM] Bracketing for snow
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:25:53 +0000
Dear All

Since we have just been discussing this, I have put a set of bracketed
shots on this gallery:
http://gallery.me.com/zuiko/100037
I set the E-3 for 3 shots at 0.3EV intervals with a baseline of 0
correction.  It seems to me that the +0.3 has come out best, although
I have had to adjust the White Balance (I have it set to Daylight all
the time, rather than Auto).  I used bracketing on purpose since I do
not often see snow here and I wasn't sure how to adjust the exposure.
I now see that I should have set it to +0.5 or +1.0 as baseline.

Any thoughts?

The scene is in the Reserve of the Royal Society for the Protection of
Birds (RSPB), not far from my home.  My wife works there (for a
pittance ... :-)).

Chris