Re: [OM] ? about source for touchup paint

Subject: Re: [OM] ? about source for touchup paint
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:21:24 -0500
GMcGrath@xxxxxxx said the following on 2/1/09 11:55 AM:
> I recall at some time in the past there was some info on the list about
> touchup paint for camera bodies, specifically for lettering that had become
> discolored or lost its original paint. I think paint sticks were mentioned.
> If
> anyone has a source for this item now, I'd appreciate some info about it.

You're probably thinking of lacquer sticks:

https://www.micro-tools.com/store/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=L51120

They work well on small narrow engravings such as those found on the lens
aperture ring but they won't work well on larger engravings such as the word
OLYMPUS on the OM bodies.  For those larger ones you need to use a high
viscosity paint and drip it in.
                                        -mark