Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:20:07 -0500
On Jan 31, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> It seems to be a murkin and Argentine thing - lotsa meat (barbecued),
> sauce and bread - forget the green stuff. Go on, admit it! How many
> Barbecue threads have there been on this list?

In my home state of North Carolina, if it ain't pig, it ain't
barbecue. Traditionally served on a bun with fries and cole slaw, or
as a platter (no bun) with fries, cole slaw and hush puppies. For
those of you outside the territorial limits of the American
Southeast, hush puppies are cornmeal, usually seasoned with onion and
sometimes flecks of peppers, and dropped in a "dollop" in hot oil.
The come out golden brown, slightly smaller than a golf ball, and
they are food of the gods!

Sometimes flecks of green dot the cole slaw. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com