[OM] You've got snow?

Subject: [OM] You've got snow?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:15:00 +1100
I'd like to apologise formally for all the smart-arse comments I may
have made recently about people choosing to live in places where it
freezes as if it were a strange and deranged behaviour. It's sitting
on 44degC here right now for the second day (that's just over
111degF) and being a lifelong greenie I don't have aircon as we don't
really get that much hot weather. <g> Relative humidity, 2%. Last
night it plummetted to the high nineties (32C) so we were able to
cool off a bit.
I would like to note that -
  - hot ain't nearly as photogenic as cold.
- it's easier to get warm than cool down.
- there's no problem with reduced battery power.
- over blood heat you can still lift a compact but can't be bothered.
- man cannot live on icy poles alone.

I think I'll go lie down again in fron tof the fan for a while
now.....and contemplate the forecast of 2-3 more days like this.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx