Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:27:49 +0800
No matter you scan for monitor display or for print, you need to make a
proper adjustment to make them look good on your media, The more you tried
to display (dark and bright range) the duller the image.

Paper has the most limited display range, you have to compress (sometimes
even cut off) the dark and bright area so that the main subject in your
image can have enough contrast to look good.

No matter paper can have a range of 5 stops or not but it certainly can
display a scene with more than 5 stops.

C.H.Ling