Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:29:03 +1100

> Stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <> wrote:
>
> the linking of the rangefinder... is fragile, since there are many
> scopes of problems
>
> - need for an helicoid on the lens
> - accuracy of the threadmount flange

Actually, I don't think the thickness of the M to thread adapter is really
critical. From what I understand the rf cam is part of the lens construction
and bears directly on the cam follower of the body, so the adapter doesn't
contain any rf linkage - correct ?  If the adapter is a bit thinner than spec
you won't be able to focus quite as close, you'll be able to focus a bit past
infinity and the distance scale on the lens will not be accurate *but* the rf
focussing should still be accurate.  Of course if the adapter is a bit thicker
than spec you won't be able to focus to infinity (bummer !) but the rf will
still be accurate at shorter distances.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com