Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:09:15 -0500
As others have said already don't try to take it apart.  Even if you
could get it apart the repair wouldn't be as satisfactory as you'd
likely get the whole barrel out of round.  Here's a little slide show
illustration of the repair technique:
<http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=654606>

Work very, very slowly and test often with a filter to see if it's round
again yet.  If you have an old body you might want to mount the lens on
the body if that allows you to make a little wooden jig where the camera
is held in place with a 1/4x20 screw via its tripod socket and the lens
rests on a the semicircular wooden lens anvil (see illustrated
instructions above) which is part of the jig.  That should hold
everything in place while you work... very, very slowly.  Did I say to
work very, very slowly?

Chuck Norcutt