Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:41:41 -0500
At 02:10 PM 1/21/2009, iwert bernakiewicz wrote:

>I don't know. It might be that I'm too high on the zuiko's right now,
>but I see much less inconsistency than with the E-bodies.

That could well be.  I haven't tried using any manual lenses on my
"E" thingies.

>  I use the
>"evaluative whatever c*non metering" and not center weighted, maybe
>that's a difference?

No, that's not it.  I tried both center weighted and evaluative and
settled on evaluative.

>  I have to admit that I used manual mode most of
>the time in the snow, and for the night shots I dial in -1 to -2 stop
>when wide open, just because I like them dark as dark is.

Did you use the camera's recommended exposure for the snow shots?  If
so maybe it was over exposing and that kept the snow from turning
gray - kind of a built-in exposure compensation.

Later,
Johnny