Re: [OM] dots and pixels per inch

Subject: Re: [OM] dots and pixels per inch
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:36:58 -0800
> From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> No problem - good explanation here:
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/und_resolution.shtml
> br
> jez, following his New Year resolution to be more helpful...

While I generally agree with Michael Reichmann, I think that his claim
that you should send no more pixels than the printers' dot pitch
divided by the number of inks simplistic. Modern printer drivers use
various dither schemes (stochastic, FM, error diffusion) that defy the
simple math of "make sure all your inks can fit in a pixel."

:::: Every time I see an adult on a  bicycle, I no longer despair for
the human race. - H.G. Wells ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::