Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:49:17 -0600
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> It may have more to do with the software he processes with than what he
> shoots with.

That's why I want to dig deeper.  The snooty guys at the gallery claim
there's no software, no manipulation, it's all just film and paper.

I don't see how you can get colors that vivid and that saturated without
some sort of manipulation.  Same thing with the dynamic range.

And to get that kind of clarity in prints that freakin' huge needs
either a really big piece of film, or a huge file.  Yet most of the
photos I've seen of him show a 35mm-sized camera on a tripod.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon