Re: [OM] XA vs. Lomo for artists

Subject: Re: [OM] XA vs. Lomo for artists
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:30:31 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:
> Stephen Schaub had been using Lomos for his panorama work but has
> started experimenting with the XA.  He loves them.
>
> http://stephenschaub.com/
>
> XA vs. Lomo overall quality and sharpness video:
>
> http://figitalrevolution.com/2009/01/10/olympus-xa-vs-lomo-lca-and-lca-plus/#comment-450

Hey, nice plug for your services. Nice to find a new source of customers
for a camera that had, I suppose, pretty much faded into obscurity for
all but die-hard Oly-heads. My two still work fine. (Sssshh, I know, I
know, AG but it's ok, really.)

However ... What he does with them would probably have Maitani in fits.
Almost all looks like crap to me, but tastes obviously vary.

He doesn't indicate in the video any understanding of use of the rewind
release for multiple exposures of individual frames with the XA. My
recollection is that you can get pretty good registration with care, but
must shoot a blank frame after the multiple exposure to avoid the next
shot partially overlapping. Not that a separate shot overlapping part of
a multiple exposure frame would be a drawback for this fellow. :-)

Moose