Re: [OM] IMG: Poland gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Poland gallery
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:02:04 -0500
At 04:15 PM 1/10/2009, you wrote:
>During my trip to Poland over the holidays I took more than 1100
>pictures. As we all know, it is really hard to edit one's own work,

But also the most important thing to do. I'm terrible at it. But it
is the only way to move forward with one's art. But only in the
an incrementally way.

In your case, I can understand why. You capture the moment
of what you see, so it will take some time before what is important
to emerge. Who knows, 50 years from now, a photo can gain new
meaning.

I'm looking through some of my Dad's photos taken in the
50's and 60's. Glimmers from the past in a photo can shape
memories. Just imagine if photography existed throughout
history. Memory is not all that reliable. Photos from the past
can become priceless.

What I enjoy most about your work is getting a sense of place
and seeing a place I may never get to see. I feel like you are sharing
your eyes. I don't always comment on your postings, but I do
really enjoy the favour they present. To me, even the mediocre shots
are important as they lend context to the overall. Too often we are
caught up in getting the one perfect photo. So I really enjoy seeing
through your eyes. Thanks for sharing, and don't apologize. Bandwidth
is cheap these days. Keep to the whole story and you will continue
to do well.

WayneS