Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:00:15 -0500
I think the easiest way to gain extra extension would be to modify a
slide copier attachment for the bellows.  It already has provision for
attaching to and sliding along the rail and provides its own bellows for
the required extension.

After slipping the slide holder off and unscrewing its two guideways
you're left with a flat surface with a rectangular hole.  I should think
you could screw a lens mount from an old body onto that surface.  I'm
not sure whether the 35mm frame size hole would need to be opened up or
not.  The slide copier bellows wants to attach to a 49mm filter size
lens tube.  A junker lens mount and barrel could provide the requisite
parts.  I think it's doable with careful hand work (no machine shop
required although that might help).  With care in the modification the
normal function of the slide copier should be restorable by unscrewing
he lens mount and reattaching the two guideways with their screws.

Chuck Norcutt