Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII

Subject: Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:13:02 +1100
That is really very interesting.
Funnily enough I was gazing lustfully at a Plaubel Makina Wide on
ebay the other day - a claimed to be mint example of I think the last
Nikon medium format lenses in use.
But AU$3,700 was a bit rich for my blood.
The use of standard FX lenses on this 'MX' rangefinder seems a bit
tricky tho', especially zooms. The idea of coupling them to the
rangefinder mechanically when using and adapter  seems impossible so
it would need some form of AF confirmation and some serious
compromises, I'd imagine.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx