Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 13:32:05 -0500
Translate:

>> The "light source" just gets smaller with distance. Hence there is less light
>> reaching the lens, but the "intensity from the light source" is the same,
>> just
>> that its size in the frame is smaller.

If you replace "intensity from the light source" with "intensity of the light
source"
then it would be correct. A light source radiates out and the intensity per
area it illuminates decreases. But the light source is the same illumination,
if that is what one is photographing, hence the exposure for the light source
itself
does not depend on distance, unless it is foggy or hazy or dark matter
between you and the source. It matters not whether it is a point or a
surface when it is the subject rather than the source of light. Shape only
effect what it will illuminate.