[OM] Smee with knee

Subject: [OM] Smee with knee
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:36:50 -0500
Yep,
Pricey beasty.  CZ lenses in general seems to sacrifice a bit in the
bokeh dep't---no free lunch principle of optics
rears its ugly head.  As you did not comment on that, perhaps in this
version it is not bad.
Mike

I was looking at the Sony 24-70mm f2.8 on an a900.
Frankly it's awesome - stunning image quality. My Canon 24-70mm is
great but the Sony CZ seems to have an extra indefinable magic, a
sort of punch and sparkle. One review I read scored for build
quality, image quality and performance and simply gave it three 10's.
Hard to disagree. The only faults they found with exhaustive testing
were so insignificant as to be irrelevant. I really, really didn't
want to send it back.