[OM] Shootin' in the dark [was High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it wit

Subject: [OM] Shootin' in the dark [was High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it wit
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:26:02 -0500
Ouch,
One can appreciate how that spill could happen in that lighting and
step design.  Glad the Moose the F30
were none the worse for wear.
The F30 still does a credable job at high ISO for a compact
digicam---especially  in your hands with layered Neat image treatment
and other skilled PP.  Not sure the G9/A650 are very useful above ISO
400 for anything to print.
I will be in the market for another compact horse cam solution in a
couple months, so will pay close attention to the Moose
analyses.
Mike

, I took a  full frontal pratfall off this stage where the bottom step
doesn't go the full width.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Seattle/Sou
lSong&image=DSCF1504rotcrii.jpg>

Fortunately, the F30 is apparently whiplash proof and the photographer
sustained only a skinned knee and a slightly twisted foot that rapidly
improved with immediate Reiki treatment. Wearing hiking boots, he was
seen tromping about Seattle the next day with no trouble.

Moose